Thursday 30 September 2010

Sometimes things in life are free(ish)

So went to visit the boyfriend, who has now left for uni himself! His accommodation was pretty nice, spacious, light and a good location! However it is slightly plagued by one individual who seems to think its ok to play ridiculously loud dub step all day + night, with the bass turned up to maximum! You should expect a reasonably high level noise when living in halls but this really was taking the biscuit. You couldn’t even hear any of the actual tune, just low distorted rumbling, so it’s anyone’s guess as to whether the music was any good or not! Not that that matters ha.

Anyway, this got me thinking as to what you should do if you’re in this situation. The immediate response that I had was to go over and tell them (as politely as you can manage) to turn down the bass, and if they do then great! You could then go down the route of telling the appropriate people who will send warnings etc. However at the end of the day you still have to live with this person, and at least be able to keep up a thin veneer of politeness so I reckon it’s probably not the best idea to get them into trouble in the first week!

Now I’m scared I will be in the same situation, and I really don’t have as much self-control as he does when it comes to confrontations!

Fashion update: I have just found a leopard print scarf I bought from H&M 3 years ago down the back of my draws! I only ever wore it twice and have been wondering where it got to for years. Score (kind of) new, free scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment